Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Goodies

Well, it is Thursday.  One more day until Friday and then I can finally get some things accomplished 'round the house. One thing I need to complete is ordering my parent's invitations for their 30th anniversary party.  It is right around the corner!  My mom and I picked out a simple design that has two birds flying away from a tree. I think it is pretty symbolic and classy.

I wonder what the secret is to a long marriage?  Recently my parents had a building built in their backyard and one of them will hang out in there.  So when one is moody, the other can escape.  Maybe that is the secret? Besides the previous statement, I can tell they communicate pretty well,  so that probably helps too.  I think they are a great example.  My in-laws have been married for 26 years.  That too is fantastic.  The hubby and I have great role models when it comes to marriage.  

I'm a huge Ciara fan! Have you seen her in the video for Ride?  I can only dream of dancing like that. It really is something to see.  I wonder what her concerts are like.  Today's random song is My Goodies by Ciara. When this song first came out, I thought she was saying "my cookies".  Please enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I think the most important things are
    -self awareness (so you are able to clearly see what you need out of life and a relationship)
    -commitment to being in a marriage, not just being in love
    -Whiskey! (kidding, kind of...)
    But I'm not married and live in sin with my boyfriend haha, so what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks again for following our blog!
    Your blog is very refreshing and I like the tone you set for it. Please continue to read our blog! :)

    Medallion

    ReplyDelete