Friday, December 24, 2010

Hurts So Good

This morning I woke up at my parent's house.  Well, not exactly in their house.  They have a new guest house that we were able to use.  That means its extra quiet and no chance of their stealth-like cat attacking me in the middle of the night. Also no chance of me knowing when breakfast is ready.  That would be the only negative of sleeping in the guest house. 

Tonight we exchange presents at the in-laws.  They go all out and its so much fun.  However, there is a some pressure on me while I am there.  The pressure is for me to love each gift. And I usually do. His family loves to see me smile and hear me laugh.  I hope I can keep this up even when I'm in my sixties.  Although I'm sure once his brother and wife have a baby, the focus will be on them.  I mean, it can't always be about me, can it?

Today's song is Hurts So Good by John Mellencamp or John Cougar Mellencamp. Whichever you prefer. To be honest I left the iPod in the car last night, but this song did play on it at some point during our drive yesterday.  I think the phrase "hurts so good" can really describe going home for the holidays. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment