Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Girl in the War

Last night I finished wrapping all the Christmas presents.  I'm not one of those people that wrap gifts right after I buy them.  I usually wrap them all in one or two sittings and usually at the very last minute. So I surprised myself this year by completing this task early. Afterwards the husband and I decided to swap gifts. I knew all the gifts he bought for me except one.  It was in a medium sized box.  I shook it and it sounded like a million pieces were inside of it.  I was thinking to myself, is it a puzzle?  Is it some type of project? 

Well I opened and it and laughed and laughed!

 It was a box of promotional writing pens! 8 pounds of them! You see, I love pens of any kind! Especially pharmaceutical pens and business pens.  I organize them into multiple categories. Whenever I tell people about my love for pens they give me a weird look and it makes me laugh.  It was a really great gift from a wonderful husband.

Girl in the War is by Josh Ritter.  I saw him open up for Jamie Cullum a few years back with my older brother. He has a great voice.  Both my brother and Josh Ritter.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new blog post! I hope upon your visit to NC that we can do some pen trading as I also have somewhere around 8 pounds of pens(gel/ballpoint)! Glad you're blogging, we may not get to talk as much as we'd like, but this will help! Can't wait to see ya, Pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was a pharma rep and we still have tons of pens! I will never have to buy another one.

    ReplyDelete